LAUSD wants talented educators like you who want to make a difference in the lives of students!
As the nation’s second largest school district, the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) serves more than 600, 000 students. Our student population is diverse and culturally rich. The District, which encompasses the city of Los Angeles and several neighboring cities, offers exceptional opportunities for teachers. We believe teachers shape the future, and we are committed to educational reform and innovative instructional programs that are aligned to state standards. The LAUSD provides a supportive and dynamic environment for making a difference in young lives and enriching the student-teacher experience.
Why Teach in LAUSD?
- Competitive salaries
- District-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for you, your spouse, domestic partner, and dependents
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Support for new teachers
- Additional compensation for National Board Certified Teachers
- Lifetime health benefits for retirees
- Year-round and traditional school year calendars
- Innovative instructional programs
- Technology-enriched classrooms
Salary and Benefits
In addition to your salary package, teachers are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- District-paid Medical, dental and vision coverage for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and your dependents (value of approximately $16,000)
- District-paid basic Life Insurance coverage (up to $20,000), with optional participation in group life insurance through payroll deduction
- Participation in the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS), a defined-benefit retirement plan
- Optional participation in Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plans, as well as 403(b) and 457(b) retirement savings plans
Teacher Resources and Support Services
The District, through its schools and offices, provides many teacher resources and support services to complement and strengthen the instructional program. Teachers receive instructional support services through resource personnel, District-developed curriculum materials, and the latest in multimedia equipment. District teacher resources and support services include: