The Special Education Service Centers-Operations Unit assists parents and schools with IEP placement support, special education transportation, extended school year (ESY), IEP translation services, personnel supports, and fiscal services/non-public schools options. Please click on a link to the left for further information about these areas.
Our mission in Special Education Service Center-Operations is to ensure that every student with a disability has access to an educational environment that supports their unique learning needs by ensuring supports and services are provided in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
Our work aligns to the core mission of the District by ensuring students have:
Our unit’s foundational beliefs mirror those of the District in that:
- Access to programs that will lead to graduation, career and/or life development
- Opportunities to attend a rigorous, challenging and engaging instructional program tailored to their unique needs.
- Improved school attendance
- The needs of students come first in all of our work
- Families are critical partners to school success and we respect and engage this dynamic
- Supporting classrooms is an essential component to success
- Data collection and analysis is a critical tool to effective programs and accountability indicators for program improvement and excellence