ANNOUNCING THE RELEASE OF THE 2018 - 2019 AUTONOMOUS SCHOOL MODELS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL PROCESS
The Los Angeles Unified School District's Local Options Oversight Committee (LOOC) is pleased to present the 2018 - 2019 Autonomous School Models Request for Proposal (RFP) process. The Autonomous School Models RFP process invites teams to submit a proposal for one of the three voluntary school models: Expanded School-Based Management Model (ESBMM), Local Initiative School (LIS), or Pilot School. This year each autonomous school model has its own RFP document and template. Interested teams should review the timeline and application process described in the RFP document for the autonomous school model they are interested in. The following due dates apply to all three RFP documents:September 6, 2018 Letter of Intent (LOI)
• Must be submitted no later than 5:00 pm via e-mail to LOOC@lausd.net
• Mandatory for ALL applicants; teams must submit a Letter of Intent in order to be eligible to submit a proposal.
• LOI is non-binding; applicants may decide to NOT move forward with a proposal even if a LOI was submitted.
• Applicants can: (1) check the "Undecided" box in the LOI form if they are unsure which model to choose; OR (2) submit one LOI for two or more autonomous school models they are considering.October 18, 2018 Full Proposal Submission
• Must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon via e-mail to LOOC@lausd.net
• All required documentation and attachments should be included. Approved proposals will be for implementation in the 2019 - 2020 school year. Copies of approved proposals will be posted on the LOOC website.