Newman Nutrition Center (NNC) was established back in 1979 to provide meals to 49 schools that had limited or no cooking facilities.
Today NNC serves:
- K-12 Schools – 161
- Early Education Centers – 19
- Production: Monday – Friday
Newman Nutrition Center has been utilized as an Emergency resource to provide meals for all schools under the following circumstances:
- Schools with no Electricity.
- Sewage/ Plumbing incidents.
- Heating Food equipment not working.
- No gas Supply.
- Transitioning from old equipment to new equipment.
- Kitchen equipment failure and food go spoil.
- No hot water was available