Attendance matters for students, and it also matters for staff.
The District’s Attendance Policy adopted by the Board of Education on July 13, 2004 states that the Board expects “Employees to maintain regular attendance and avoid absenteeism”. At the same time “Illness leaves are provided to ease the financial burden on employees who are unavoidably required to be absent from duty due to legitimate illness, injury or personal necessity”.
- What happens when an employee no longer works in my unit?
Division/Branch/Office/School attendance data includes every employee assigned (by HR or PC) to that cost center during the fiscal year.
Example: Jessica is a clerk who worked at Amazing School from July 2018 to November 2018. She then transferred to Fantastic School in December 2018 and was there until June 2019.
- Her attendance for July 2018 to November 2018 will be included in the attendance report for Amazing School for the whole FY 2018-2019.
- Her attendance for November 2018 to June 2019 will be included in the attendance report for Fantastic School for the whole FY 2018-2019.
- Where can I find attendance data for my unit?
The staff attendance dashboards can be accessed using your single sign on at: getdata.lausd.net
If you do not have access to the dashboards, please complete the Access Request form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why does attendance matter?
Attendance matters at LAUSD because regular attendance of both certificated and classified emloyees support the District's efforts to give all of our students a quality education.
- Why did the attendance rate for my unit change from last week?
Attendance data is refreshed each weekend. Any time reporting adjustments made in the previous week will be reflected in the new attendance rate.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about an employee's absences?
If you have questions about one of your employee's absences, please send the question(s) and the name and ID of the employee to email@example.com.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the attendance rate for my unit?
If you have questions about your unit's attendance rate, send an email with the question(s), your name and your cost center(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.