NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE BILINGUAL PROGRAM (Due by Friday, December 31, 2021)
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST REGISTER USING THE SURVEY MONKEY LINK BELOW TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Survey Link (Due by Friday, December 31, 2021)
BILINGUAL ADDED AUTHORIZATION (BLAA): Spanish, French, Korean, and Mandarin
Bilingual Added Authorization (BLAA) Program prepares teachers for an additional credential endorsement that authorizes the support of English language development, specially designed academic instruction in English and academic content instruction in both English and the target language of their bilingual authorization.
The BLAA Program course of study is designed around the concept of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) for Bilingual Methodology and Culture. Teachers complete coursework that will provide the depth of knowledge regarding current research-based theories, of which focuses on academic and content literacy in two languages, in order to ensure coordination of teachers in a dual-language setting.
Additionally, teachers become skilled at administering and interpreting formal and informal assessments, providing benchmarks of English Learners through the use of a diverse selection of data analysis, developing designing curriculum, implementing interventions, utilizing progress monitoring, and creating appropriate learning environments to meet the unique needs of the bilingual student.
Bilingual Added Authorization Program incorporates:
- Current theory and practical application in the instructional needs of learners in bilingual settings.
- Philosophical, theoretical, legal and legislative foundations of bilingual education and their effects on program design and educational achievement.
- Pedagogical strategies for teaching in bilingual settings.
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Strategies that focus on traditions, roles, status, and communication patterns of the culture of emphasis.
- Researched-based preparation courses aligned to state Bilingual Added Authorization Program Standards.
- Well-designed preparation courses taught by highly qualified experienced Instructional Facilitators who are trained professionals currently in the field of practice.
- Ongoing support from iCAAP Advisers, Specialists, Instructional Faculty (IF), and Instructional Faculty Lead Mentors (IFLM).
Bilingual Added Authorization Program entry requirements:
- Valid Teaching Credential
- Language and Communication in the Target Language (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) Must have one of the following:
- Single Subject Secondary Teaching Credential in the target language
- Holds a 3-year or higher degree from a foreign institution in which all instruction was delivered in the target language. Foreign institution must be equivalent in status to a regionally-accredited institution of higher education in the United States
- Target Language CSET Subtest III
Exit requirements will include additional CSET V Exams for French, Korean, and Mandarin.
Candidates who apply for the program will be required to submit an official proof of meeting the Language Competency requirements to the Human Resource Specialist who will verify all prerequisites for admittance.
Interested candidates must register using the survey link below to receive additional information:
Survey Link (Due by Thursday, December 31, 2020)
If you know anyone interested in the program, please share the flyer and 2019 Information session PowerPoint below:
Information Powerpoint - Spanish
Information Powerpoint - French, Mandarin, and Korean