- Click here to complete an online certificated employment application.
- Please email Simon Devilly at the Audiology Program to notify him that your online application has been completed. Please attach a current resume to that email.
- Once your application has been submitted and your resume has been received, your information will be reviewed.
- Contact Simon Devilly at SDevilly@lausd.net with any questions.
Click here for Educational Audiologist Class Description
Educational Audiologists in LAUSD serve ages birth to 22, general education and special education students including:
· Diagnostic testing for possible hearing loss.
· Interpret audiologic data provided by outside sources (hospitals, private clinics) in a way that is understandable to school personnel.
· Act as a liaison between these agencies and the school.
· Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including students, parents, teacher, and other professional in and outside of the District.
· Carry a caseload of DHH students.
Educational Audiologists in LAUSD enjoy both District and Program-related benefits, including:
· Full medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents
· STRS (California State Teacher Retirement System
· Professional growth is supported internally through in-services and District sponsored continuing education courses
On the Special Services Salary Table (33D), Education Audiologist have a daily scheduled obligation on-site of eight hours.
-Prior to 2012, an earned Master’s degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university.
-2012 and on, an earned doctoral degree (PhD or AuD)
-A valid California credential or combination of credentials authorizing service as an audiologist must be in force and on file in the Office of the Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools.
LAUSD Related Services Department
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board