Click on the above icon to view, download, and print the enrollment kit in ENGLISH.
This PDF version is viewable, fillable and printable. Mandarin versions are currently unavailable.
A place for parents to find answers and get services from school forms to career support.
Listing of community resource guides for immigrant families and guides to becoming more involved in the school community.
Early Childhood Education Division is here to support you and make it possible for your children to continue learning through our online resources and support.
Frequent this website as we bring the latest information and available resources to you.
We are excited to partner with you in making learning an amazing experience.
- Universal Transitional Kindergarten (UTK) FAQ
- NEWS from the CDE
California Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Program Guidelines, Second Edition
Announcing the release of the second edition of the California Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Program Guidelines, an important publication that provides program administrators, teachers, and college instructors with guidance on the essential elements of high-quality infant/toddler care programs.
We know that 90 percent of brain development occurs before the age of five. It is so important that our education resources promote a healthy start for our children, meeting their needs in the communities where they live. This publication responds to a need for a common understanding of high-quality early learning and care across a broad spectrum of programs and communities.
A free downloadable copy of the California Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Program Guidelines, second edition can be accessed at https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/documents/itguidelines2019.pdf.
A print copy of the publication can also be ordered by visiting the CDE Press web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/re/pn/rc/.
RESOURCES from the CDE
What resources are available to support instruction and implementation?
• Transitional Kindergarten FAQs developed by California Department of Education
• California Preschool Curriculum Frameworks
• California Preschool Learning Foundations
• The Alignment of the California Preschool Learning Foundation with Key Early Education Resources
• Transitional Kindergarten Teaching Tools on classroom & instructional planning, Social Emotional Development, English Language Arts, Mathematics, English Language Development
• Other resources for Transition Kindergarten can be found at
• Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL)
• California Department of Education, Management Bulletin