- How does a substitute enter grades into Schoology?
Long term substitutes (in assignment for 21 day or more) can be added to MiSiS and will have access to the Schoology Gradebook within 24-48 hours. Short term subs, must have the Office Manager, Scheduling Administrator, or Counselor enter grades in the Manage Grades by Class screen in MiSiS.
- How do I filter my students by Last Name, First Name in the gradebook?
Schoology does not have the feature to customize the order of student names in the gradebook. Currently students appear with their First Name and Last Name.
- How can I see the grades of a student that dropped my course?
In your course, proceed with the following:
1. Click Members
2. Select Inactive
3. Click on Bar Graph by the student's name
- How do I remove a flagged exception, excused, incomplete, or missing from a student's grade?
To remove an exception, excused, incomplete, or missing from your gradebook, click on the exception icon, and deselect your exception from the menu.
- If a student is dropped from my course what happens to their grades?
Students who are moved to another course are inactive in the dropped course. If you need to access their grades follow this procedure:
1. Select the course where student dropped
2. Click on members
3. Click on inactive tab
3. Locate the student's name
4. Click on the bar graph to generate their grades
- If I manually add a student to a class, can I PassBack grades?
Only students who have officially been scheduled to the course in MiSiS will have their grades published with the Grade PassBack App in Schoology.
- What are some of the gradebook features I will be able to use?
Student assignments can be copied to multiple periods. Create tests/quizzes that can be administered online, then automatically graded and recorded in the system.
Course and student rosters are automatically provisioned and updated nightly for teachers. Mobile app for devices is included.
- When the teachers login, will a "Sandbox" be available to learn how to set up and customize the gradebook?
Yes, a "Sandbox" is provided to every teacher. Teachers will be able to view their courses and student rosters six days before the semester begins.
- Where can I find the seating chart in Schoology?
Schoology does not have seating chart feature.
- How do I set up my assignments to recur automatically?
Schoology does not have a feature to automatically recur assignments.
1. Create a generic assignment with your preferred settings
2. Copy the assignment
3. Make edits to the copied assignment
To see more information on how to create an assignment, see the following link:
- Will teacher's courses and student rosters be available once they are inputted into MiSiS? If not, what steps must we take at the school site to make this happen?
Courses and student rosters will be available in Schoology once they are inputted into MiSiS. Nothing is required from school sites other than creating an accurate master schedule.
- Will I enter all grades in the Online Gradebook?
Secondary teachers will be able to enter assignments and grades into the Online Gradebook.
Secondary teachers will enter the 5, 10, 15, and 20 week marks into the gradebook. Secondary teachers will use the MiSiS Grade PassBack App to sync grades into MiSiS. This feature is not available for short term substitute teachers.