Active Shooter Training LAUSD Administrators and Staff
L.A. School Police Critical Response Team presents Active Shooting Training for LAUSD Administrators and Staff. With the lessons learned from recent school shootings and mass casualty incidents, including Sandy Hook Elementary School, the Los Angeles Unified School District revised and updated its Emergency Procedures for critical incidents, including active shooters. (Click on image to request Active Shooter Training for LAUSD employees or email email@example.com.)
- Lessons learned from Active Shooter incidents (e.g., Sandy Hook ES, Stoneman Douglas HS, etc.).
- Pre-incident indicators and threat
- Steps staff can take during initial critical minutes prior to police
- Challenges and actions steps to an effective
- Implementation of Rapid Relocation: purpose, scope, and
- Updates to Safe School Plans, and next steps to planning, preparation, coordination, and communication between school staff and law
- An all hazards approach to lockdown/safety drills.
- Table Top Exercises to build competencies, confidence recognition, and response to an Active Shooter incident.
- Debriefing of Active Shooter training video(s) (e.g., Surviving an Active Shooter) to support the application of the pre-incident preparation and response training.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify steps to improve campus safety and security.
- Identify pre-incident indicators that threaten school/student safety.
- Identify steps to implementing an effective lockdown.
- Identify the action steps to implementing Rapid Relocation in the event of a security breach.
Note: The training course is free.
- This training will be offered on the first and third Saturdays of each month.
- Future training locations will be offered in each Local District on a rotating basis.