The Division of Student Health and Human Services (SHHS) has the responsibility to provide support to the https://achieve.lausd.net/cms/lib/CA01000043/Centricity/domain/711/pdfs/Wellness Programs_Partner Directory.pdf instructional program and reduce barriers to the academic achievement of students. Schools are encouraged to collaborate with city, county and community-based health and human services for improved child, youth, and family outcomes.
In order for a community-based agency or non-District personnel to render volunteer health and non-health services on a school campus, a completed and executed Agreement (Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Operating Agreement) and Service Delivery Application (SDA) must be on file with the Division of Student Health and Human Services. Each Local District has an Organization Facilitator (O.F.) that develops the agreement with the school site personnel and provider. The O.F. is responsible for verifying that the packet and documentation is complete and facilitates submission to the appropriate SHHS Department. BUL- 076705 Establishing No-Cost Health, Non-Health and Mental Health Services MOUs and Agreements on School Campuses.
1) Provider and school determine a need for a school based service.
2) Provider and school principal contact Local District Organization
3) Local District O.F. develops MOU or Operating Agreement with
provider and school personnel.
4) Provider completes MOU and Service Delivery Application (SDA).
5) Provider and school principal review MOU and SDA and sign
document as evidence of approval.
6) Provider submits signed MOU, SDA and accompanying documents
to Local District O.F.
7) O.F. reviews MOU, SDA and documentation and signs in approval.
8) O.F. secures necessary signatures from Local District and Central
9) O.F. notifies school and provider of MOU/SDA approval and when
services may begin.