BOOST (Building Our Own Staff as Teachers)
The Los Angeles Unified School District's Career Ladder Office is pleased to announce the Building Our Own Staff as Teachers (BOOST) program. BOOST is funded by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing's California Classified School Employee Teacher Credentialing Program, which provides up to $4,000 per participant per school year from 2017-2022. The Career Ladder was awarded funding for 45 participants to obtain teaching credentials.
BOOST Participants may be any classified staff who has completed a minimum of 60 semester units in college or an Associate of Arts degree and would like to obtain a teaching credential in a District identified high need teaching area. Currently, Special Education, Physics, Chemistry and Bilingual Education.
Congratulations and welcome to BOOST!
An annual Mentor Meetings is required for all BOOST members to update progress towards a credential and determine next steps on your Individualized Mentorship Plan (IMP). Click here to schedule your Mentor Meeting.
Thank you for your patience. New BOOST forms are now available on the Career Ladder Forms page.
The annual BOOST allowance is $4,000 for credentialing expenses. Current allowable expenses include:
- Tuition Reimbursement (Courses must be passed with a grade of B or better, $200/semester unit for university courses & $40/semester unit for community college courses)
- Textbooks - Reimbursement only
- Credential Test Fees (CBEST, CSET, RICA, US Constitution) - Vouchers available
- Test Preparation courses or materials - Enrollment available for TeachersTestPrep.com and LAUSD's Subject Matter Preparation courses, all others reimbursement only
- Commission on Teacher Credentialing Fees - Reimbursement only
- Foreign Transcript Evlaution - Reimbursement only
BOOST Test Preparation Enrollment - Now available for 2019-2020
BOOST Test Voucher Request - Vouchers for 2019-2020 are NOW AVAILABLE!
There are four Classroom Experiences (CEs) for each BOOST member to complete. Classroom Experiences (CEs) are to be completed sequencially and submitted one at a time. A minimum of one CE must be completed each academic year, but there is not a limit as to how many may be completed in a year.
- Classroom Experience #1 - Classroom Environment
- Classroom Experience #2 - Planning and Preparation (Now Available)
- Classroom Experience #3 - Additional Professional Duties (Now Available)
- Classroom Experience # 4 - Delivering Instruction (Coming Soon)