ITI Professional Learning CatalogThe Instructional Technology Initiative (ITI) is a department within the Division of Instruction that supports all schools interested in 21st century instructional practice. The department’s main focus is in providing professional learning opportunities founded on instructional frameworks that leverage technology in purposeful, personalized ways, such as the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards. As a result of the ITI’s task force work, the ISTE Standards for Students were formally adopted by the District in June 2016, making L.A. Unified the first school district in the nation to do so. Key efforts supported by ITI include digital citizenship, computer science, and the dissemination and integration of the ISTE Standards.
To support ITI’s key efforts, the ITI team has designed various models of professional learning opportunities that are both rigorous and robust, leveraging research-based frameworks such as the ISTE Standards and the K12 Computer Science Framework.
To meet all learners where they are in their learning, ITI developed all professional learning sessions grounded in the ADKAR Prosci Change Management Model. For example, ITI offers individual learning sessions, such as the 21st Century Learning Foundations, the suite of ISTE Standards for Students sessions, and our Creative and Physical Computing offerings. Other sessions provide opportunities for learning together through a cohort-based approach, such as the Instructional Leadership Cohort or our Practitioner Schools model designed to build capacity as a school community.
In every model of support, participants are empowered to embrace learning through a variety of entry points, all the while unpacking the ISTE Standards in meaningful ways.
To register for an ITI professional learning session, please visit MyPLN
21st Century Professional Learning Catalog 2020-21
Computer Science 2020-21
Secondary Computer Science 2020-21
Google Certified Educator Program 2020-21
Educator Leader Network 2020-21
ITI is encouraging interested administrators to apply and become part of the ITI Education Leaders Network (ELN). These sessions are for administrators who share a common interest in cultivating their leadership skills around 21st century learning. Administrators will receive the benefit of becoming part of a community of learners with in-depth professional learning sessions provided by ITI. These sessions will be 1-hour synchronous with additional -hour of asynchronous work.
If interested please complete the form below:
Teacher Leader Network 2020-21
Teacher Leaders participate in a series of learning sessions to reflect upon and refine their practices in order to accomplish their self-selected goals. Each session provides participants an opportunity to engage as learners exploring instructional practices that will empower them to provide personalized learning experiences as well as share their learnings with others. These sessions will be 2-hour synchronous.
Please sign up through the TLN Interest Form.
Instructional Technology Planning Cohort 2020-21
- Time Commitment: These sessions will be 2-hour synchronous with additional 2-hour of asynchronous work.
- Participants: Instructional Leadership Teams (ILTs), that include up to three teachers and the participation of the principal.
- Do you have a plan to use digital tools and resources to personalize instruction and create a mastery-based, learner-centered learning environment?
- Do you believe it’s important for schools to teach digital citizenship to the digital age learner?
- What tools and resources do you have to support educators to embrace change and create awareness as you begin to shift the instructional paradigm?
- Overview of the International Society for Technology Education (ISTE) Standards for students.
- Personalized learning, digital citizenship, SAMR/TPACK reflection tools and more.
Practitioner School 5.0 - Digital Citizen 2020-21
The Practitioner Schools 5.0 Digital Citizen Program is designed to promote collaboration and learner agency and to
challenge teachers to continuously learn and reflect upon their instructional practices. As participants of the program,
school sites will use the ISTE Standards for Students to guide their work as they actively participate in the following:
- Provide students with learning opportunities to practice 21st century skills on a daily basis, thereby granting students the ability to build proficiency in 21st century practices for success.
- Enhance and improve collaborative teaching and learning practices by strategically
- leveraging digital resources through 21st century lesson design by integrating cross-curricular, cross-disciplinary, interdisciplinary, transferable, noncognitive, and soft skills.
- Collaborate with other Practitioner Schools, which include inquiry group meetings centered on lesson study, action research, text-based discussions and other activities to foster common dialogues about the intentional embedding of methods in the core curriculum.
- Share promising practices with other schools in the District.
- These session will be 2-hour synchronous.
Face-to-Face PD Catalog
21st Century Professional Learning Catalog 2019-20
ITI - Instructional Technology Planning Cohort
ITI Instructional Technology Cohort 2019-20
Digital Presence with Purpose
September. 9, 2019 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Coldwater Canyon ES
January 27, 2020 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. El Sereno MS
Nov. 2, 2019 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. MaCES
Jan. 10, 2020 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Fair ES
April 18, 2020 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. El Sereno MS
September 14, 2019 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. MaCES
November 16, 2019 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. King MS
October 5, 2019 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Holmes MS
December 7, 2019 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. 20th Street ES
Feb. 20, 2020 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. King MS
March 28, 2020 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. King MS
(Keyboard: ITI, ISTE)
Teacher Leader Network
If interested please complete the form below: http://bit.ly/tlninterestedform
Educator Leader Network
If interested please complete the form below: http://bit.ly/ELNinterestform
Google Certified Educator Program
Do you want to become a
Google Certified Educator?
The Instructional Technology Initiative (ITI) is now offering weekend workshops at no cost and will also provide voucher codes for you to take the exams for free.
ITI’s Google Certified Educator Program* is designed for educators and classroom teachers who wish to demonstrate proficiency in using Google for Education tools:
- The Level 1 status indicates that an educator is able to successfully implement Google Suite for Education into their teaching practice in order to enhance teaching and learning.
- The Level 2 status indicates that an educator is able to successfully integrate a wider range of Google Suite for Education tools and other technologies in order to transform their teaching practice.
- Once you become a Google Certified Educator, you can enhance instruction and foster collaborative practices. Certifications are valid for 36 months.
|Level 1 - Day 1 Workshop||January 25, 2020 (8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)||Fair Avenue ES (LDNE)|
|Level 1 - Day 2 Workshop||February 1, 2020 (8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)||Thomas Starr King MS (LDC)|
|Level 1 Certification Test||February 5, 2020 (3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.)||Fair Avenue ES (LDNE)|
|Level 2 Workshop||March 28, 2020 (8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)||Thomas Starr King MS (LDC)|
|Level 2 Certification Test||April 2, 2020 (3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.)||Twentieth Street ES (LDC)|
Visit achieve.lausd.net/mypln for more information and to register with keywords ITI and Google Certification. Free testing vouchers will be provided to participants who have attended all two days of Level 1 and one day of Level 2 workshops for a total of 3 days (18 hours).
*Note that these workshops are voluntary and that participants will not be compensated for attendance.
Introduction to Game-Based Learning Through Minecraft: Education Edition
Introduction to Game-Based Learning Through Minecraft: Education Edition
The Instructional Technology Initiative (ITI) launches its first professional learning offering around game-based learning through the Minecraft: Education Edition, part of District educators’ Office365/Microsoft enterprise accounts.
This session will provide participants opportunities to explore game-based learning as part of the curriculum and to see the possibilities of how Minecraft can help students learn valuable skills in a whole new way. Through sets of tutorials and game features, Minecraft: Education Edition provides endless opportunities for exploration and storytelling while building critical 21st century skills like collaboration, creative problem solving and digital citizenship.
|February 29, 2020||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||West Hollywood ES|
|March 28, 2020||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Thomas Starr King MS|
|April 6, 2020||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Oliver Wendell Holmes MS|
|April 18, 2020||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||El Sereno MS|
|June 16, 2020||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Samuel Gompers MS|
|Register on MyPLN: achieve.lausd.net/mypln.
(Keywords: ITI, ISTE, Computer Science, Minecraft)
|This session is open to all. Please bring your own laptop and mouse.
NOTE: Minecraft is not accessible via Chromebooks.