Professional Learning CatalogThe Instructional Technology Initiative (ITI) is a department within the Division of Instruction that supports all schools interested in 21st century instructional practice. The department’s main focus is in providing professional learning opportunities founded on instructional frameworks that leverage technology in purposeful, personalized ways, such as the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards. As a result of the ITI’s task force work, the ISTE Standards for Students were formally adopted by the District in June 2016, making L.A. Unified the first school district in the nation to do so. Key efforts supported by ITI include digital citizenship, computer science, and the dissemination and integration of the ISTE Standards.
To support ITI’s key efforts, the ITI team has designed various models of professional learning opportunities that are both rigorous and robust, leveraging research-based frameworks such as the ISTE Standards and the K12 Computer Science Framework.
To meet all learners where they are in their learning, ITI developed all professional learning sessions grounded in the ADKAR Prosci Change Management Model. For example, ITI offers individual learning sessions, such as the 21st Century Learning Foundations, the suite of ISTE Standards for Students sessions, and our Creative and Physical Computing offerings. Other sessions provide opportunities for learning together through a cohort-based approach, such as the Instructional Leadership Cohort or our Practitioner Schools model designed to build capacity as a school community.
In every model of support, participants are empowered to embrace learning through a variety of entry points, all the while unpacking the ISTE Standards in meaningful ways.
To register for an ITI professional learning session, please visit MyPLN
21st Century Learning Foundations 2021-22
Digital Citizenship 2021-22
Computer Science 2021-22
Secondary Computer Science 2021-22
Google Certified Educator Program 2021-22
Please fill out this interest form if you would like to be contacted when Professional Learning Opportunities for the ITI Google Certified Educator Program are available.
Educator Leader Network 2021-22
ITI is encouraging interested administrators to apply and become part of the ITI Education Leaders Network (ELN). These sessions are for administrators who share a common interest in cultivating their leadership skills around 21st century learning. Administrators will receive the benefit of becoming part of a community of learners with in-depth professional learning sessions provided by ITI. These sessions will be 1-hour synchronous with additional -hour of asynchronous work.
If interested please complete the form below:
Teacher Leader Network 2021-22
Teacher Leaders participate in a series of learning sessions to reflect upon and refine their practices in order to accomplish their self-selected goals. Each session provides participants an opportunity to engage as learners exploring instructional practices that will empower them to provide personalized learning experiences as well as share their learnings with others. These sessions will be 2-hour synchronous. This session is available for 1-salary point.
TLN Cohort is currently full.
Instructional Technology Planning Cohort 2021-22
In collaboration with the Instructional Technology Initiative through the Instructional Technology Planning Cohort, school instructional leadership teams (ILTs) will use the ISTE Standards and the K12 CS Framework to guide their work as they strategically and systematically ensure that educators and students are granted ongoing learning opportunities that allow them to leverage digital resources and foster future ready dispositions through interdisciplinary instruction. This is a professional learning opportunity which provides school ILTs guidance in developing an Instructional Technology Plan for digital learning tailored to each school’s needs. This session is available for 1-salary point.
Interested school teams complete the form at bit.ly/ITPCinterestform
- Time Commitment: This is a 3-day professional learning session that includes 2-hour synchronous and 2-hour of asynchronous work.
- Participants: Instructional Leadership Teams (ILTs), that include up to three teachers and the participation of the principal.
- Visionary Planner and Empowering Leader
- Equity and Citizenship Advocate
- Systems Designer and Connected Learner
Practitioner School 6.0 - Creative Communicator 2021-22
The Practitioner Schools 6.0 Program is designed to promote collaboration and learner agency and to challenge teachers to continuously learn and reflect upon their instructional practices. As participants of the program, school sites will use the ISTE Standards for Students and the CA Computer Science Standards to guide their work as they actively participate in the following:
- Provide students with learning opportunities to practice 21st century skills on a daily basis, thereby granting students the ability to build proficiency in 21st century practices for success.
- Enhance and improve collaborative teaching and learning practices by strategically
- leveraging digital resources through 21st century lesson design by integrating cross-curricular, cross-disciplinary, interdisciplinary, transferable, noncognitive, and soft skills.
- Collaborate with other Practitioner Schools, which include inquiry group meetings centered on lesson study, action research, text-based discussions and other activities to foster common dialogues about the intentional embedding of methods in the core curriculum.
- Share promising practices with other schools in the District.
(2 hour synchronous)