Time and Effort Reporting
- Federal and State regulations require time-and-effort reporting documentation for all personnel who receive payment from federal funds which includes Title I, Title II and Title III.
- It is important in ensuring that federal funds are used to pay only their proportionate share of personnel costs.
- Specifically, the law requires that a detailed programmatic and fiscal record must be maintained to document that Title I funds are spent on activities and services for only Title I participating students.
- Because time reporting is one of the most frequent noncompliant finding by auditors and it can be very confusing to complete, the FSEP Office has developed this section.
- Failure to complete and/or provide this documentation results in penalties that must be paid for by using a school or office’s General Funds.
- For additional information, please see BUL-2643.10 Documentation for Employees Paid from Federal and State Categorical Programs dated July 20, 2020.
For additional information, please contact Angel Covarrubias at (213) 241-6990 oremail to firstname.lastname@example.org