Juvenile Hall/Camp Returnee ProgramProgram Description
The Camp Returnee Program is a specialized program of LAUSD’s Pupil Services Unit dedicated to enhancing the educational outcomes of our probation students returning from juvenile detention centers. Our goals are to provide early intervention, advocate for student rights, appropriate school placement, timely enrollment, and dropout prevention. We collaborate with probation, the camps (LACOE), our schools, and other agencies to help ensure the student and family receive the services they need to support a successful transition from camp to school to community.
- Re-entry and Dropout Prevention
- Ensure timely enrollment
- Advocate for appropriate school placement
- Improve academic achievement
- Support successful transition from camps to school
- Assist students who desire higher education and employment by supporting college readiness and vocational training.
Central Eastlake Juvenile Hall
Barry J. Nidorf Juvenile Hall
Los Padrinos Juvenile Hall