FamilySource Partnership ProgramBackground
The FSPP is a collaborative effort between the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) and the City of Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department (HCID) which began in 2014. The partnership program serves students, primarily between the ages 5-17, and families throughout LAUSD and the City of Los Angeles. Pupil Services and Attendance (PSA) Counselors are co-located at 16 FamilySource Centers (FSC) to address barriers to academic success and provide academic consultation.
Family Source Partnership Program:
- Supports students and families through connecting them to appropriate support resources in FamilySource Centers (FSCs), LAUSD services and programs and other community agencies
- Improves academic achievement outcomes for all students served
- Increases tools and support for students and families to be college and career ready
Program ServicesFSPP PSA Counselors:
- Outreach and collaborate with FamilySource Centers, LAUSD schools and programs, and community agencies
- Conduct a minimum of 225 academic assessments Link students and families to district and community resources
- Support parent engagement and education services through parenting classes, such as Abriendo Puertas, and parent workshops
- Assess and connect students referred through the Los Angeles School Police Department Diversion Referral program to FamilySource services and other community agencies
Resources“Working together to strengthen families and enhance communities to support student academic achievement.”For more information please contact:
Betsy Lara, LCSW, M.Ed.
Coordinator, Pupil Services FamilySource Partnership Program