The Strategic Planning team uses data to identify and address systemic issues and manages the District's special education strategic plan processes, including:
Long-term strategic planning activities:
- Involving gathering input from a variety of audiences,
- Using data to validate assumptions and current status,
- Facilitating the Division's development of strategic goals and objectives and the corresponding initiatives to meet the goals.
- Annual operating planning activities conducted by Division departments to design initiative projects
- An internal monitoring and accountability system managed in partnership with the Data Management team that promotes performance management while adhering to:
- All identified key performance indicators,
- Special education requirements,
- Modified Consent Decree outcome requirements including the provision of special education services and the integration of students with disabilities in the general education program.
- Periodic strategic review:
- Implementation status of strategic operating plan initiative projects,
- Identification of barriers to progress,
- Development of action plans to overcome the barriers and move forward in the implementation.
- Annual performance reporting of the District's achievements in the implementation of the special education strategic initiatives