School Nursing Practice
BUL-989.1 General Guidelines Credentialed School Nurse State Mandated Responsibilities
Bed Bugs - Bed Bugs Fact SheetCommunicable Diseases in SchoolsManagement of Skin Infections including MRSA in School Setting, REF-4035.1, 11/2/2015Field Trip - REF-2111.1, Field Trip Handbook and Revised Procedures, December 14, 2015, Division of InstructionsFirst Aid - First Aid Guidelines for California SchoolsHemophilia - Student with HemophiliaHealthcare Assistant's (HCA) - Training ManualImmunizations 101 - PowerPointTuberculosis - ScreeningVentricular Shunt - Student with Shunt
QUICK GUIDES1. Health Screen Roster This roster was originally designed to take manualattendance but may be used as a health screening worksheet.5. Teacher's Roster by Department by Period: A pre-requisite forgenerating Office Summons and Health Screening Roster by department inSecondary Schools. School Nurses need to have a specific school assignment inMiSiS to run this report.
New School Nurses (RNs, LVNs): Welligent User ID is now automatically activated a day after your Single Sign-On has been activated.
Healthcare Assistant (HCA) or School Office Staff who needs to activate his/her Welligent account or needs a change of Welligent role needs to:
(1) Complete the Welligent Access Form and sign it and have the Supervisor sign and
(2) Create an ITD ticket and upload the completed form. Welligent Support NO LONGER accepts the application via fax. Click here for instructions.Welligent Technical Support Guide (Computer Settings)Policy:BUL 6168 - Requirement to Utilize the Welligent Electronic System for Documentation for HealthcareServices
GuidesCertification Update: Healthcare and Special Education AssistantsImmunizations Reports and Follow-Up Letters in WelligentSaving HTML files as PDF (i.e. Immunization Letters & Mailing Labels) as PDF (for Sharing with the SchoolStaff)Licenses and Credentials Update: RNs and LVNsMass ScreeningMass Screening: used for vision, headlice, height and weight screenings or group educationMedicationsProtocolsHow to Delete Selected Scheduled Protocol or Medications (i.e. Spring, Winter Break)Office VisitsOffice Visits (RNs)Office Visits for Student Athlete's injuries including concussions or illness (High School Nurses)Office Visits (LVNs)ReportsSports Physical Clearances: In Mass ScreeningSummer Programs - Scheduling of Protocols and/or MedicationsNursing Website - Handout
- What's New
- Nursing E-Library
- Immunizations and Enrollment
- Important Health Information
- Local District Nursing Services
- Special Education Services
- Specialized Nursing Programs