Health services are available District-wide on a limited basis upon request. Below is a general list of services facilitated by LAUSD school physicians located in each Local District area.Medical Exams and Appraisal for:
- Students with special health needs in special education instruction.
- Pre-participation sports clearance for interscholastic sports and Special Olympics.
- Infants and toddlers with special needs may be eligible for early intervention services.
- Children who need a school entry exam and do not have access to a regular medical provider.
Requests for Services:Requests for services are usually initiated and/or coordinated through the onsite school nurse, appropriate designated school personnel, and/or District Nursing. Generally, requests are screened, assessed, and approved by the Local District attending school physician.
- Confer with school personnel, students' physicians, and parents regarding classroom placement and/or management of various health problems.
- Diastat Training
- OT/PT Related Services
- Issue medical permits/exclusions/exemptions/sports participation waivers when necessary.
- Provide and/or arrange emergency care of students ill or injured at school.
- Provide medical consultation to local district personnel, special education staff, and nurse in the assigned districts.
- Provide clinical supervision to nurse practitioners and medical assistants.
Ron Tanimura, Ed.D
333 S. Beaudry Ave., 29th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
P: (213) 202-7584
Fax: (213) 580-0559