LAUSD Clinic Services
At several LAUSD-operated health clinics, school physicians and/or nurse practitioners provide preventive health assessments and preventive health-related services to CHDP-eligible children and teens.The following services are available free of charge to eligible LAUSD students and their siblings ages 3-18 who do not have health insurance or access to a regular doctor:
- Complete Physical Examinations
- School Entry Exams
- Oral Health Assessments
- Vision Screenings
- Nutrition Assessments
- TB Testing
Provide Referrals for Additional Diagnoses and Treatment
Help students & Families Connect to Related Service
- Mental Health
Scheduling Health Clinic AppointmentsCall (213) 202-7590 to find the clinic nearest you and to schedule an appointment. Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Walk-in appointments can sometimes be accommodated. The appointment line is open, during school business hours, M-F from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- WIC Referrals
- Health Insurance Enrollment Services
- Local Community Health-related Resources
- Health Education Resources
Prepare For Your Visit
The following tips will help you get ready for your visit:• Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
• If your child is getting an immunization, bring his or her yellow Immunization Card so it can
• At the time of the visit, consent from the parent or guardian is a requirement to receive
CHDP-related LAUSD school-based health clinic services.
• Be on time if you have an appointment or it may be rescheduled.
• If you need to cancel an appointment, do so at least 24 hours in advance.
• Be prepared to wait; bring a book or other activity to keep you busy during the wait.
• Eat something before you arrive. Eating and drinking are not allowed in the clinic.
Ron Tanimura, Ed.D
333 S. Beaudry Ave., 29th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
P: (213) 202-7584
Fax: (213) 580-0559