Student Work Permits


    Updated: 5/16/22 



    Before visiting the Work Experience Education Office for a Work Permit, please read the instructions below for the requirements for obtaining a work permit and our office hours/calendar.

    Students seeking a General Work Permit during the academic year must contact their school of attendance first to determine if their school is issuing work permits. If work permits may not be obtained from the home school site, the Work Experience Education Office is available to assist students. However, effective Monday, August 16, 2021, a student seeking a work permit from the Work Experience Education Office will also need an Authorization Letter from their home school. 

    Work permits may only be issued to the minor who is seeking the work permit. The student MUST be present. Before visiting the Work Experience Education Office for a General Work Permit, the student MUST present the following: The student MUST be present.

    General Work Permits may NOT be issued electronically due to the sensitive nature of Personal Identifiable Information (PII).




    Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor (B1-1) General Work Permit Application

    School Authorization Letter



    Our office is located in downtown Los Angeles at 333 S. Beaudry Ave, Los Angeles CA 90017 (Office entrance is on 4th Street and Boylston Street).

    An appointment is not necessary to visit our office. When meeting with our personnel, please make sure that you are wearing your face covering, and please follow social distancing requirements.  If you come to our office, there is a map provided under our LAUSD parking map link below. 



    Entertainment Work Permits: If you are a minor seeking a work permit in the entertainment business, you will need to download the Entertainment Work Permit Application The EWP must be signed and stamped by the minor's Home School. The document may be emailed to the minor's home school administrator or designee for verification of Satisfactory Grades and Attendance. The LAUSD WEE Office CANNOT sign on the school's behalf. 

    It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to contact the Entertainment Work Permit office to obtain the legal work permit. Additional information for obtaining an Entertainment Work Permit may be found by visiting the EWP Website: Entertainment Work Permits 

    ( )



    New June




If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.