The mission of the Mathematics Branch is to implement a balanced instructional program that provides ALL students with the opportunities, experiences and resources to be successful. The expectation is that ALL students will become proficient in basic computational and procedural skills, develop conceptual understanding, and become adept problem solvers. The goals of the Mathematics Program are twofold:
- To implement a coherent, district-wide content and standards driven mathematics plan.
- To provide instructional and professional support to local districts and school sites, so that ALL students will achieve proficiency in Algebra 1 and more advanced mathematics courses.
These goals are supported strategically through four program components:
- The development and use of grade specific instructional units.
- The use of teacher experts, school site coaches and local district leadership to guide professional development.
- The use and analysis of formative periodic assessments.
- The use of assessment data to focus and implement immediate intervention where students most need help.
To access the resources on this website, click on the menu items on the left. The plus (+) in front of each of the following resource would expand the menu to other menu tabs:
Elementary (Kindergarten - 5th): +Curriculum Maps
Middle School: +Curriculum Maps
High School: +Curriculum Maps
News & Announcements
Middle School Math Acceleration Mandatory Training
The Division of Instruction is providing a mandatory training for all middle school math teachers currently teaching any of the accelerated courses (Accelerated Math 7, Accelerated Algebra 1, Highly Accelerated Math 6/7, and Highly Accelerated Math 8/Algebra 1). This training will be a live webinar. Registration for the training here, or see the flyer for more information.
My Math Digital Access 2016-2017
Starting on August 1, the My Math digital content access for 2016-2017 will be through the LAUSD Single Sign On. Using Firefox, the preferred browser, teachers and students will navigate to: https://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/lausd and enter their SSO for access.
LAUSD Performance Assessment Online Professional Development
The LAUSD Division of Instruction has developed an online professional development on Performance Assessment. The online PD walks you through the Plan-Deliver-Reflect-Revise cycle and the use of Performance Tasks as Formative Assessment.
Please click here to view