FOREIGN STUDENT ADMISSIONS OFFICEPLEASE NOTE:
APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2017 WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MARCH 1ST AND OUR DEADLINE IS MAY 15TH.CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO OF THE LAUSD.
The Foreign Student Admissions Office strives to enrich the educational environment of LAUSD by supporting and advancing the recruitment, admission and enrollment of eligible international students into LAUSD schools.MissionThe mission of Pupil Services is to ensure that all LAUSD students are enrolled, attending, engaged, and on-track to graduate.PurposeThe Foreign Student Admissions Office is responsible for the admission, processing and tracking of international secondary students on J1 and F1 VISAS on behalf of the Los Angeles Unified School District. This office obtains authorization for students to attend Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Certified" high schools using F-1 student visas or J-1 exchange visas. The LAUSD is authorized by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to issue I-20 documents to prospective F-1 students. Additional Information is available in the following brochures:
- Getting Students Ready to Enter the United States
- International Student Life Cycle (F-1/M-1)
- FSAO FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- LAUSD SEVP Certified Schools - Currently, the LAUSD has 38 SEVP certified schools. The number of available spaces may vary by school, grade, and program. Not all SEVP certified schools will be able to accept students at the time of request. Please contact the Foreign Student Admissions Office for more information.
International students may only attend a public secondary school (grades 9th-12th) for a maximum of twelve months. (Section 625 Public Law 104-208, effective November 30, 1996). They must also pay the full, unsubsidized per capita cost of attending the school district. Unfortunately, the LAUSD is unable to offer financial assistance, scholarships or tuition discounts.
The LAUSD observes all laws of the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement regarding visa students. For more information:NOTICE: Please note that the Los Angeles Unified School District Foreign Student Admissions Office cannot provide students with legal advice or guidance on immigration related issues. We encourage all international students to enroll full-time and obtain the appropriate F-1 or J-1 student visa.Students, parents and guardians may wish to contact the U.S. State Department, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement Agency or an immigration attorney for additional information. Information is available at these U.S. Government websites: http://www.ice.gov/sevis ,http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and http://travel.state.gov .AGENCY INFORMATION: REGISTRY REQUIREMENT FOR PLACEMENT AGENCIESInternational Student Placement Agencies must be currently registered with the State of California, Department of Justice prior to placing students within the LAUSD. A registry list is maintained by the Attorney General’s Registry of International Student Exchange Visitor Placement Organizations (ISEVPO) and is updated annually. For more information, please refer to the State of California website at http://oag.ca.gov/exchangestudents.
Agencies must complete an application and submit the requested documents, including proof of annual ISEVPO registration, in order to be considered as an approved organization. The LAUSD Foreign Student Admissions Office (FSAO) will only consider applications for international students who are placed by agencies on our approved list. Students hosted by a family member or relative are not subject to the agency requirement.If you are interested in applying for LAUSD Agency approval, please download the appropriate application and submit the required documentation.
The following agencies have been approved to place students within the LAUSD for the 2017 calendar year. (updated May 11, 2017)
- AFS-USA Intercultural Programs
- American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS, Inc.
- ASSE International, Inc.
- Can-Achieve Global Education, Inc.
- Council for Educational Travel United States of America
- Council on International Education Exchange, Inc. (CIEE)
- Educatius, Inc.
- EF High School Exchange Year/EF Education Foundation for Foreign Study
- Greenheart International dba CCI Greenheart
- International Student Exchange, Inc.
- JC International Academy, Inc.
- Quest International
- SLB Consulting Corporation dba Exchange Service International (ESI)
- Southern California/Nevada Rotary International Youth Exchange
- Summa Global Education dba AnB Education
- United Cultural Exchange U.S.A.
- WEP-USA, LLC
For additional information, please contact:
Alicia GaroupaInterim Director, Pupil Services(213) 241-3844Selena Barajas-LedesmaCoordinator, Foreign Student Admissions