What's New with the Certify data tool?
Release Notes - Bug Fixes & Rule Updates
12/11/2017 Release Notes
Updates have been made to the following rules:
ELL 060-0180 -Secondary EL students not enrolled in a course flagged as ELD or LTEL in the course master - For 4x4 schools, regular school terms are included in the report; it should only consider half school terms when checking for the ELD or LTEL course.
ATT 010-0600 - Graduates and Grades 7-12 Dropouts, Four Year Report -
•Updated “Adult School” filter. Adult School Status will be verified, instead of taking transferring code as assumed.
•Updated latest LEA information for transfer students.
12/4/2017 Release Notes
The following EL rules will now also appear on the Scheduling scorecard:
-EL 060-0180 - Secondary EL students not enrolled in a course flagged as ELD or LTEL in the course master
-EL 060-0240 - Sections with conflicting English Learner Service and Language of Instruction section attributes.
-EL 060-0220 - Any class that has one or more EL students that is missing an EL service section attribute.
(These rules will also still appear on the EL scorecard.)
ATT 010-0060 - Grades 7-12 Graduates and Dropouts, Four Year Report - This report has been suspended again due to inaccuracies. Will return after modifications have been made.
11/27/2017 - Release Notes
The following reports have been modified to ONLY INCLUDE CURRENTLY ENROLLED students. However, the COUNT_DAY_IND is still present to flag those students that were at your school on 10/4/2017 (Census Count Day):
- DEM 030-0021 Students with both race codes missing.
- DEM 030-0022 Students with Additional Race information but missing Primary Race.
- EL 060-0033 Students missing Current Language Classification and/or Current Language Classification Date (TE-12 only)
- EL 060-0039 Students classified as LEP without an English Learner Master Plan Program.
- EL 060-0040 Students classified as EO with initial or Annual CELDT scores.
- EL 060-0070 Student's primary language conflicts with Initial Lang Classification
- EL 060-0080 Student with RFEP date, but current classification is not RFEP
- EL 060-0090 Initial Language Classification Date is earlier than School Entry Date (records with current school year dates)
- EL 060-0100 Students missing Initial Language Classification but have Master Plan Program
- EL 060-0160 EO, IFEP, RFEP students with an EI, ME, LTEL master plan program (currently enrolled students only)
- EL 060-0170 Students enrolled in an alternative language cost center (dual, bilingual, maint, transitional) with no master plan program
- EL 060-0190 LEP students with no first US enrollment date
Immunization Reports - These reports will be enabled starting 11/27 and have been modified to only include students in TE, TK and K; they are viewable by users with Enrollment/Demographics role in Certify:
- IMM 080-0010 Students with Future Immunization Dates
- IMM 080-0020 Students with Immunization Dates Less than their Date Of Birth
- IMM 080-0040 Students with Missing Immunization records (This report will be at severity level 3 - Compliance Warning)
Return of ATT 010-0060 - Grades 7-12 Graduates and Dropouts, Four Year Report - This report was disabled on 11/01 after several issues were reported by schools on the data.
- The report’s query has been modified and will be enabled starting 11/27.
- The job aid has also been modified and the link has been updated to the report.
- The column STUDENT_STATUS_DETAILS has also been included to help schools with providing additional information about the student’s status.
- The file that we received has a DATE_REFRESHED of 11/16/2017.
Certify (http://datatool.lausd.net) - Currently this can only be used from LAUSD locations (not from home)Need Access to Certify ?Access to Certify is given to those employees entered on the School Data Designee Form via the Principal's Portal.
Principals can log on to make changes at any time.If you have any questions about Certify, please contact the MiSiS Help Desk at (213) 241-5200, option 5.
Or you can open a ticket in Remedy here