PSC Renewal Process
All PSC Renewal Schools are analyzed by an Internal PSC Review Team comprised of Instructional Directors, teachers, administrators, coordinators, Central Office and/or Local District staff, etc.
- PSC Renewal Schools that are performing on par or better than their peers will be granted renewal terms correlated to their performance.
- The PSC Review Team’s analysis will determine which PSC Renewal Schools are underperforming their peers and those schools will be selected for a PSC Renewal Site Visit.
- The PSC Review Site Visit Team is comprised of Instructional Directors, teachers, administrators, coordinators, Central Office and/or Local District staff, etc.
- The PSC School Renewal Site Visit consists of the following components:
1. Principal’s Overview of School’s Progress
2. Classroom Visits (Teaching & Learning Framework Observation Tool)
3. Student Focus Group
4. Parent Focus Group
5. Teacher Focus Group
- Additionally, Schools can develop their own tools to facilitate observations or utilize tools developed by other schools. Schools are encouraged to share their best practices as well.
- The Office of School Design Options will share the PSC Renewal Team’s findings with the Superintendent of Schools who will subsequently make a determination about the school’s renewal terms.
- The Office of School Design Options will then issue a letter to each PSC Renewal School with their commendations, recommendations and renewal terms.
Schools Undergoing Multiple Review Processes
- PSC Renewal Schools do not need to complete the annual Self-Study Process (PSC Review) during their renewal year.
- PSC Renewal Schools undergoing other review processes such as WASC Accreditation are exempted for this year from the PSC School Renewal. However, PSC Renewal Schools will be asked to submit the corresponding reports (i.e. WASC Self-Study report, etc.).
- Where possible, the PSC Renewal Team will coordinate with other offices conducting site visits, i.e. Pilot School Quality Review.
- PSC Schools with CORE Waiver identification are NOT exempt from the PSC School Renewal process.
Timeline for Completing PSC Renewal:
Budget and Funding:
- All PSC Renewal Site Visits will be conducted before April 30th.
- PSC Renewal Schools that are selected for site visits will be given a minimum of two weeks’ notice and collaborate with the Office of School Design Options to select a date for the site-visit.
- Local District Directors and members of the instructional leadership team are expected to participate in the PSC Renewal Site Visit.
Materials and Resources:
- There will be no available funding for refreshments and subs.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Office of School Design Options (213) 241-8700 or reach out to your Local District Director.