Our Vision and Beliefs
Early Childhood Education of the Los Angeles Unified School District is committed to providing a quality early education experience that will prepare students for success in school and life, while valuing and respecting the needs, languages, and cultures of all students, families, staff and communities it serves.
- Each student has the right to be treated with dignity and respect and accorded a safe and nurturing learning environment to meet his/her needs.
- All students have a right to a developmentally appropriate and challenging educational program that integrates learning opportunities with high expectations.
- Value and respect for the languages and cultures of students, parents, staff and communities are essential to student success.
- All stakeholders must be committed to high standards.
- Competent, well trained and nurturing staff are critical to the successful implementation of quality early education programs.
- Continuous quality professional development for all staff is vital for high standards of teaching and learning.
- Parents and nurturing adults are critical for children's academic success and must be included as full partners in their children's education.
- It is the responsibility of the leadership to promote and to monitor high quality education practices to ensure student achievement.