Online Credit-bearing Courses: Models of implementation
Online courses are offered in the instructional settings defined below:
- "Virtual" Implementation (EDGL/APXL): Course offered online with the vendor providing the appropriately credentialed teacher. These courses are NCAA-approved.
- "Blended" Implementation (EDG/APX): Instruction is delivered by an LAUSD credentialed instructor and the digital content is provided by the online vendor. These courses are NCAA-approved.
- Prescriptive versions (EDGP/APXP): These courses are intended for credit recovery only. When available, both virtual and blended implementation models may offer a course in a prescriptive (mastery-based) version. These courses are the same as the core (original credit) version with a “test-out” feature.
Prescriptive courses are not NCAA-approved regarless if offered in the Virtual model.
The following Edgenuity courses have been approved for the 2019-2020 school year.
Course Title "A-G" Blended Learning
Blended Learning (EDGP) Prescriptive Virtual Learning* (EDGL) UC Honors AP Human Geography* A N/A N/A AP GEOG AB EDGL (379315/16) AP AP United States History* A N/A N/A AP USHI AB EDGL (379335/6) AP AP World History* A N/A N/A AP WLD HIST AB EDGL (379333/34) AP Principles of American Democracy A PRIN AM DEM EDG PRIN AM DEM EDGP (379719) PRIN AM DEM EDGL (379317) US History and Geography A US HIST AB EDG US HIST AB EDGP (379715/16) US HIST AB EDGL (379307/08) World History, Culture, and Geography A WLD HIST AB EDG WHG M AB EDGP (379713/14) WLD HIST AB EDGL (379327/28) AP English Language and Composition* B N/A N/A AP ELAN AB EDGL (239313/14) AP AP English Literature and Composition* B N/A N/A AP ELIT AB EDGL (239315/16) AP British Literature B BRITISH LIT EDG BRITISH LIT EDGP (239739) BRITISH LIT EDGL (239333) English Languages Arts 9 B CC ENG 9AB EDG CC ENG 9AB EDGP (239711/12) CC ENG 9AB EDGL (239323/24) English Language Arts 10 B CC ENG 10AB EDG CC ENG 10AB EDGP (239713/14) CC ENG 10AB EDGL (239325/26) English Language Arts 11 B CC ENG 11AB EDG CC ENG 11AB EDGP (239715/16) CC ENG 11AB EDGL (239329/30) Expository Reading and Writing (+) B ERW EDG ERW EDGP (239703) ERW EDGL (239303) Algebra I C CC ALG 1AB EDG CC ALG 1AB EDGP (319717/18) CC ALG 1AB EDGL (319309/10) Yearlong Algebra 1 C CC YL ALGEBRA 1 EDG Algebra II C CC ALGEBRA 2AB EDG CC ALG 2AB EDGP (319719/20) CC ALG 2AB EDGL (319311/12) Geometry C CC GEOM AB EDG CC GEOM AB EDGP (319721/22) CC GEOM AB EDGL (319313/14) Pre-Calculus C CC PRECALC AB EDG CC PRECALC AB EDGP (319725/6) CC PRECALC AB EDGL (319319/20) Biology Living Earth**** D BIO: LIVING EARTH AB EDG BIO: LIVING EARTH AB EDGP (369709/10) BIO:LIVING EARTH AB EDGL (369513/14) Chemistry in the Earth System**** D CHEM IN THE EAR SYS AB EDG CHEM IN EAR SYS AB EDGP (369713/14) CHEM IN EAR SYS AB EDGL (369515/16) Physics of the Universe**** D PHYS OF THE UNIV AB EDG PHYS OF THE UNIV AB EDGP (369717/18) PHYS OF THE UNIV AB EDGL (369517/18) AP French Language and Culture* E N/A N/A AP FREN AB EDGL (259337/38) AP AP Spanish Language and Culture* E N/A N/A AP SPAN AB EDGL (259335/36) AP French I ** E
FRENCH 1AB EDG
N/A FRENCH 1AB EDGL (259301/02) French II ** E FRENCH 2AB EDG N/A FRENCH 2AB EDGL (259303/04) French III ** E FRENCH 3AB EDG N/A FRENCH 3AB EDGL (259305/06) German I ** E N/A N/A GERMAN 1AB EDGL (259321/22) German II ** E N/A N/A GERMAN 2AB EDGL (259323/24) Latin I ** E N/A N/A LATIN 1AB EDGL
Latin II ** E N/A N/A LATIN 2AB EDGL 259309/10 Spanish I ** E SPAN 1AB EDG N/A SPANISH 1AB EDGL (259331/32) Spanish II ** E SPAN 2AB EDG N/A SPANISH 2AB EDGL (259333/34) Spanish III ** E SPANISH 3AB EDG N/A SPANISH 3AB EDGL (259317/18) Economics G ECONOMICS EDGP (379703) ECONOMICS EDGL (379303) AP Psychology* G N/A N/A AP PSYC AB EDGL (379345/46) AP Psychology G PSYCH AB EDG PSYCH AB EDGP (379721/22) PSYCH AB EDGL (379319/20) Sociology G SOCIO EDG SOCIO A EDGP (379707) SOCIO EDGL (379321) World Regional Geography G GEOG EDG
GEOG EDGL (379311) Health*** N/A HEALTH EDG HEALTH EDGP
- Virtual courses (non-prescriptive version) have been approved for NCAA.
- *AP courses require textbooks. School sites are responsible for securing any required materials/equipment.
- **World Language courses require audio recordings to be submitted. School sites are responsible for securing any required materials/equipment.
- ***Heatlh course does not include required hands-on CPR component. Schools offering this course will have to build in instructional time to meet the CPR requirement per AB 1719.
- ****Science courses have both Wet and Virtual Labs available. Schools can choose one of these LABs options.
- (+) Expository Reading & Writing: LAUSD's ERWC (from CSU) course is divided into ERWC A and ERWC B. The Edgenuity ERW course can be used for original credit for Expository Composition only. It can be used for credit recovery for the following courses: Expository Composition, Advanced Composition, or ERWC A. If students are using the Edgenuity course to replace ERWC A, they will not be eligible for EAP credit. They can only receive EAP credit if they take the face-to-face ERWC AB course.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: As with any other “A-G” approved course, prior to enrolling a student in a course, schools must first ensure that the online course being offered appears on their UC “A-G” approved list which is located on the Course Management Portal. Please contact your local district's counseling coordinator if you have any questions about course management.