Online Credit-bearing Courses: Models of implementation
Online courses are offered in the instructional settings defined below:
- "Virtual" Implementation (EDGL/APXL): Course offered online with the vendor providing the appropriately credentialed teacher. This is the only model approved for NCAA.
- "Blended" Implementation (EDG/APX): Instruction is delivered by an LAUSD credentialed instructor and the digital content is provided by the online vendor.
- Prescriptive versions (EDGP/APXP): These courses are intended for credit recovery only. When available, both virtual and blended implementation models may offer a course in a prescriptive (mastery-based) version. These courses are the same as the core (original credit) version with a “test-out” feature.
The following APEX Learning courses have been approved for the 2017-2018 school year.Some courses require school to purchase additional materials, please reference materials/textbook list here.
Course Title "A-G" Blended Learning (APX)
Blended Learning (APXP) Prescriptive Virtual Learning* (APXL) UC Honors AP Government and Politics United States* A N/A N/A AP GV&POL APXL (379117) AP AP United States History* A N/A N/A AP USHI AB APXL (379109/10) AP U.S. Government and Politics Core A US GOVT & POL A APX (379223) US GOVT & POL APXP (379723) US GOVT & POL APXL (379123) U.S. History Core A US HIST AB APX (379207/08) US HIST AB APXP (379711/12) US HIST AB APXL (379107/08) World History A WHG M AB APX (379203/04) WHG M AB APXP (379725/26) WHG M AB APXL (379103/04) AP English Language and Composition* B N/A N/A AP ELAN AB APXL (239109/10) AP AP English Literature and Composition* B N/A N/A AP ELIT AB APXL (239113/14) AP English 10 B ENG 10AB APX (239203/04) ENG 10AB APXP (239743/44) ENG 10AB APXL (239103/04) American Literature B AM LIT AB APX (239205/06) ENG 11AB APXP (239745/46) AM LIT AB APXL (239105/06) English 9 B ENG 9AB APX (239201/02) ENG 9AB APXP (239741/42) ENG 9AB APXL (239101/02) Algebra I C ALG 1AB APX (319205/06) ALG 1AB APXP (319701/02) ALG 1AB APXL (319105/06) Algebra II C ALG 2AB APX (319207/08) ALG 2AB APXP (319707/08) ALG 2AB APXL (319107/08) AP Calculus AB* C N/A N/A AP CALC AB APXL (319123/24) AP AP Statistics* C N/A N/A AP STAT AB APXL (319135/36) AP Geometry C GEOM AB APX (319215/16) GEOM AB APXP (319715/16) GEOM AB APXL (319115/16) Pre-Calculus C PRE CALC AB APX (319233/34) N/A PRE CALC AB APXL (319141/42) AP Spanish Language and Culture* E N/A N/A AP SPAN LAN AB APXL (259141/42) AP French I ** E FRENCH 1AB APX (259201/02) N/A FRENCH 1AB APXL (259101/02) French II ** E FRENCH 2AB APX (259203/04) N/A FRENCH 2AB APXL (259103/04) Spanish I ** E SPAN 1AB APX (259235/36) N/A SPAN 1AB APXL (259135/36) Spanish II ** E SPAN 2AB APX (259239/40) N/A SPAN 2AB APXL (259139/40) Spanish III ** E SPAN 3AB APX (259243/44) N/A SPAN 3AB APXL (259143/44) AP Macroeconomics* G N/A N/A AP MA ECO APXL (379115) AP AP Microeconomics* G N/A N/A AP MI ECO APXL (379116) AP AP Psychology* G N/A N/A AP PSYC APXL (379145) AP Creative Writing G CREATIVE WRIT APX (239207) N/A CREATIVE WRIT APXL (239107) Geography and World Cultures Core G GEOGRAPHY APX (379233) N/A GEOGRAPHY APXL (379133) Psychology G PSYCHOLOGY APX (379219) N/A PSYCHOLOGY APXL (379119) Sociology G SOCIOLOGY APX (379225) N/A SOCIOLOGY APXL (379125) U.S. and Global Economics Core G US GLO & ECON C APX (379231) US GLO & ECON C APXP (379709) US GLO & ECON C APXL (379131) Health N/A HEALTH APX
- Blended learning courses are not NCAA approved. NCAA students should ONLY use Virtual courses.
- Virtual courses (non-prescriptive version) have been approved for NCAA.
- *AP courses require textbooks. School sites are responsible for securing any required materials/equipment.
- **World Language courses require audio recordings to be submitted. School sites are responsible for securing any required materials/equipment.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: As with any other “A-G” approved course, prior to enrolling a student in a course, schools must first ensure that the online course being offered appears on their UC “A-G” approved list which is located on the Course Management Portal. Please contact your local district's counseling coordinator if you have any questions about course management.