LAUSD TEACHER OF THE YEAR PROGRAM 2019-2020
The Division of Human Resources believes in recognizing teacher excellence and is happy to announce that it is accepting nominations for “LAUSD Teacher of the Year” (TOY) 2019-2020. The TOY program recognizes outstanding teachers for their diligence to teaching and the impact they have in their schools and communities. The Teacher of the Year (TOY) program honors teachers with a strong commitment to their students, school and community. The program spotlights positive aspects of education and pays tribute to our richly diverse teaching force.
TOY Stakeholder Input: The Los Angeles Unified School District proudly extends the opportunity to all stakeholders to nominate teachers for the LAUSD Teacher of the Year Program. Knowing that the success of our students and schools requires a collaborative effort, we encourage multiple stakeholders to nominate a teacher who is making a difference in the lives of students and their community. It is requested that the information regarding TOY is distributed to Local District Leadership, Principals, Parent and Community Engagement Teams to ensure that multiple stakeholders have the opportunity to participate in nominating a LAUSD Teacher of the Year.
TOY Eligibility: To be eligible for LAUSD Teacher of the Year 2019-2020, the Teacher must have at least eight years of teaching experience in LAUSD and meet any of the following criteria:
- Have at least eight years teaching experience, with a minimum of five years successful teaching experience in LAUSD
- Fully credentialed teachers who teach pre-kindergarten through grade twelve.(Library media teachers who collaboratively teacher with classroom teachers are eligble to apply.)
- Teachers who have some administrative responsibilities, but for whom teaching students is the primary responsibility.
- Provides instruction in the same curriculum as those who teacher elementary or secondary grades.
- Teachers who are available to fulfill ambassadorial duties during the year
Nomination period for the LAUSD Teacher of the Year is NOW OPEN. Nominations will be open until February 22, 2019.
Deadline for nominees to submit a Teacher of the Year application is Friday, March 15, 2019.
Each applicant’s application will be reviewed to determine eligibility. A selection committee comprised of former LAUSD Teachers of the Year, as well as representatives from Human Resources and other district administrators will make the final selection of LAUSD TOYs. Announcement of the LAUSD Teacher of the Year will be made in mid-May 2019.
For more information on teacher recognition programs, please contact your Teacher Quality Specialist or Shelley Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
TEACHER QUALITY SPECIALIST