PLLD - A Message from Ileana Dávalos, Director
Professional Learning and Leadership Development (PLLD) is a branch within the Human Resources Division. Our vision is to create a high quality system of support and development for LAUSD teachers, school administrators, and district leaders to ensure there is an effective teacher in every classroom, in a school led by an effective leader, all working collaboratively to graduate students ready for college and career.
Today’s educational leaders are navigating complex shifts in teaching and learning, from a focus on teacher-directed instruction to a student-centered approach that supports the acquisition of 21st century skills through constructivist learning and cognitive engagement. To meet those needs, the programs delivered by PLLD are grounded in the District’s Teaching and Learning Framework and School Leadership Framework. The following describe PLLD’s program areas:
- Design and delivery of leadership development programs for aspiring, new, and experienced leaders;
- Development of evaluation and support systems for school leaders (EDSSL) and teachers (EDST);
- Rollout of the District’s online professional learning management system, My Professional Learning Network (MyPLN);
- Implementation of professional development required by the Reed Investment Schools Agreement; and
- Planning and coordination of the annual Summer Institute for Principals.
For more information about PLLD’s programs, please visit the rest of our website or click here for a quick overview. If you have additional questions, contact PLLD at (213) 241-3444 or send an email to PLLD@lausd.net.
Professional Learning and Leadership Development