These standards define the knowledge and skills students should have within their K-12 education careers so that they will graduate high school able to succeed in entry-level, credit-bearing academic college courses and in workforce training programs. The standards are to insure that all students are college and career ready in literacy and mathematics no later than the end of high school.
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based
ResourcesClick to view resources supporting the California State Standards:Seeing the Future--How the Common Core will Affect Mathematics and English Language Arts in Grades 3-12 Across America