SCHOOL AND FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES (SFSS)
"every school, every child"
The Division of Special Education’s School and Family Support Services (SFSS) unit is committed to working collaboratively with our LAUSD families, students, colleagues and other partners in education to promote each student’s success and well-being as he/she prepares for future endeavors by providing all partners with the ongoing delivery of the most accurate information, resources, assistance, and guidance regarding special education.
What We Do
If you have questions, concerns, and/or complaints related to special education or specifically about a child’s IEP, we can assist. The Division of Special Education is committed to:
- Providing information to increase understanding and awareness about special education, so parents can better participate in the educational decision-making process for their child
- Promptly responding to inquiries, resolving concerns, and/or helping to mediate and resolve complaints related to the Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Listening to parent concerns and assisting them with a timely resolution
- Offering information about parent engagement opportunities
- Facilitating collaboration between District staff and parents
- Providing answers to IEP related questions
- Assisting with transportation needs as stated on the IEP
- Providing the most current information related to special education
School and Family Support Services