The mission of the Mathematics Branch is to implement a balanced instructional program that provides ALL students with the opportunities, experiences and resources to be successful. The expectation is that ALL students will become proficient in basic computational and procedural skills, develop conceptual understanding, and become adept problem solvers. The goals of the Mathematics Program are twofold:
- To implement a coherent, district-wide content and standards driven mathematics plan.
- To provide instructional and professional support to local districts and school sites, so that ALL students will achieve proficiency in Algebra 1 and more advanced mathematics courses.
These goals are supported strategically through four program components:
- The development and use of grade specific instructional units.
- The use of teacher experts, school site coaches and local district leadership to guide professional development.
- The use and analysis of formative periodic assessments.
- The use of assessment data to focus and implement immediate intervention where students most need help.
To access the resources on this website, click on the menu items on the left. The plus (+) in front of each of the following resource would expand the menu to other menu tabs:
Elementary (Kindergarten - 5th): +Curriculum Maps
Middle School: +Curriculum Maps
High School: +Curriculum Maps
News & Announcements
Supplemental Digital Learning Tools 2021-2022
Central office re-purchased the following supplemental digital learning tools for use in 2021-2022. Click here.
Vendors Technical Support and Help Desk
This document contains a list of most vendors' technical support and help desk information to streamline how to obtain access and other assistance. Click here.
Remote Learning Resources and PD TK-8
Upcoming Professional Development:
- Digital Tools - TK-8 ST Math Webinars
- Zearn 6-8 Webinars
- IXL K-12 Webinars
- CGI PD provided by UCLA for CGI schools only. Check MyPLN for the addition of new PD topics.
Go to MyPLN for descriptions of the PDs, times, and registration.
ST Math TK-8 online program develops a conceptual understanding and visual representations of math at home through engaging learning. TK-8 teachers and students have free, no-cost access to use ST Math through Clever and/or Schoology.
DreamBox Math K-8 online, a program that dynamically adapts to the learner to provide personalized instruction, has been made accessible to all LAUSD students and teachers through Clever through June 30th.
New MyMath Modules:
For more MyMath modules, go to the Math Professional Development page.
Announcing NEW performance tasks, for multiple domains and math practices, available for classroom instruction and assessment, Grades 1-5/6. These performance tasks aligned to SBA Claims and Targets were developed by teacher-leader teams in conjunction with LACOE and Stanford Center for Assessment, Learning and Equity (SCALE).
Thru Google Drive, please use your LA Unified account to access the materials:
LAUSD Performance Assessment Online Professional Development
The LAUSD Division of Instruction has developed an online professional development on Performance Assessment. The online PD walks you through the Plan-Deliver-Reflect-Revise cycle and the use of Performance Tasks as Formative Assessment.
Please click here to view