New District ID Format
Beginning 1/27/2017, users will notice that new students to the district will be assigned a district ID with a new format which does not contain the student’s birthdate or gender. The new district ID will continue to be ten (10) characters, but will have an X where the M or F used to be. Example: 200000X001. Only new students will be assigned IDs with the new format; students with the previous format will not change.
The following items have been fixed or updated in MiSiS:
- Schools are now able to adjust the student’s Entry Date to the first date of attendance in the school year. The Entry Date can be moved only if the student was marked absent with reason Uncleared in every period. When the entry date is changed, the section start date will be automatically adjusted to the new Entry Date.
- The Military Connected Family screen now includes a Status Begin and Status End Date.
- The Student Profile now includes an alert for Unverified Address. Users will see a UA (unverified address). An unverified address is a student address not matching the Master Planning and Demographics data. Master Planning and Demographic data is used to determine a student’s resident school area.
- The Advanced Student Search functionality has several updates:
- Users may search for a student by partial First Name and Last Name. Last Name and First Name fields include a Contains, Starts With, and Ends With filter.
- School users may now search for students who are not currently enrolled at their school.
- Additional columns are now sortable.
- Enroll Student Search changes:
- The Leave Code and Leave Reason is displayed in the search results for students not currently enrolled.
- The Result columns are now sortable.
- Users may search for a student by partial First and Last name. Last Name and First Name fields include a Contains, Starts With, and Ends With filter.
- Students older than age 25 will no longer display in search results.
- The Address and Phone Number search (Admin > Address and Phone Number Search) allows users to search by parent’s first and last name.
- Two new reports are now available on the Enrollment Report menu:
- School Address Range Report – Generates a list of all addresses within a school’s attendance area and the resident school for each address.
- Unverified Address Report – Generates a list of all students with an unverified address. An unverified address is a student’s address not matching the Master Planning and Demographics data. Master Planning and Demographic data is used to determine a student’s resident school area.
- In Sections Editor, schools may now increase the capacity of a section without receiving an error.
- In the Walk-In Scheduler, the Off-site sections will display with appropriate icon; filtering for selected periods will occur in the “Offered Sections” area; and there is enhanced performance when using the Automated Scheduler.
- In Scheduling Reports, the Repeating Course Report will now return accurate data.
- New weekly screens for Independent Study (IS) for teachers, and the Manage Teacher/Class Attendance, are now available for students that are scheduled in Independent Study at City of Angels and at comprehensive Elementary and Secondary schools. Please note that for student who are scheduled in Independent Study, attendance must be submitted using these screens. The Update Attendance, located in the student profile and Manage Attendance, under the Actions menu, will not be available to be used for these students. The job aid will be available on the MiSiS website at the end of the day under Training > Job Aids > Attendance.
- A new report, Teacher Attendance Verification, is now available to teachers and office staff of Elementary and Secondary schools, including Options Schools. The report displays the submitted attendance for up to a ten-day range.
- The Class Roster Five Column Report headers and legend have been updated.
- The Master Absence Report now includes a campus parameter and the phone number column now includes dashes.
- The Teacher Discrepancy Report and the Attendance Referral Report are now available for Continuation High schools.
- The Classroom Attendance Totals by Date Range report is now available to teachers and office staff of Secondary and Continuation High schools. This report displays students’ attendance totals for a specific date range. Users can view students’ attendance totals for instructional days, days present, days absent, tardy, and left earlies.
- Truancy Letter 2 now displays the correct 4th truancy qualifying absence, instead of printing the Initial NOT letter dates.
- The Athletic Eligibility List report now displays the documents by name instead of number, in the Eligibility Documents dropdown menu.
- The Grades Summary Report now defaults to the current school year when generated.
- Data corrections have been made to reported Elementary Schools students so that the Report Card is now accurate.
- In Dynamic Groups, the Dynamic Criteria has been updated to yield accurate data.
- In Static Groups, when creating a static group and searching for students through the Advanced Search screen, the pagination has been restored if the search returns more than 50 students.
- In Groups, schools may now add students to “Counseling” groups and clicking on the student ID will navigate user to the student’s profile page. The effective start date of a group may now be updated.
- The Social Adjustment Report now includes options to select Academic Interventions, Contact Log, Counseling Communications, Interventions, Referrals, and SSPT referrals.
- All SSPT student level reports are now available through the SSPT screens located under the Support student profile tab. These reports are the same as they are in the SSPT policy bulletin.
- A new report, named SSPT Referral Log, is now available through the Reports menu. This report provides a list of all students who have had an SSPT entry along with additional student information.
- When issuing an Opportunity Transfer (OT), the required OT reports are now available through the Support Referral profile page.
- The following suspension limits are now enforced in MiSiS:
- A single suspension may not be issued for more than five consecutive school days.
- Special Education students may not be suspended more than 10 days per school year.
- General Education students may not be suspended more than 20 days per school year, unless the student is transferred to another school then the number may be increased by 10.
- The Physical Fitness Roster worksheet was updated to add more columns under Body Composition, Strength/Endurance, and Flexibility.
- The Transcript Report will not display the Graduation Requirements section when this option is selected.
- Data corrections were made to reported students’ Transcript Details.
MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards
- Shared Folder Structure – A new Shared Folder structure has been implemented to provide space for Central Office, Local District, and School Administrators to collaborate and share analyses. All users can view the contents of the Shared Folders; however, only specified Publishers can save analyses in select folders. To receive access to save to the Shared Folders, users must complete the Publisher Training Class (more information is forthcoming). For more information about the structure and how to use the Shared Folders, see the Basics User Guide in the job aids section on the MiSiS website (http://achieve.lausd.net/misisjobaids) and the support section on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards website (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11213).
- Canned Filters – Canned filters are now available in the catalog for use by report authors to make the process of creating a report more efficient. Filters are a way for report authors to select the data displayed in an analysis. The canned filters have been created by the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting development team and saved in the catalog to be reused by authors. For information on which filters have been added and how to use them, see the Canned Filters Job Aid in the job aids section on the MiSiS website (http://achieve.lausd.net/misisjobaids) and the support section on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards website (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11213).
- Drill Down to MyData Student Profile – Users can now drill down to a MyData Student Profile from any dashboard report. For information on how to perform this action, see the Drill Down to MyData Student Job Aid posted in the job aids section on the MiSiS website (http://achieve.lausd.net/misisjobaids) and the support section on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards website (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11213).
- Academic Records Subject Area – The Academic Records Subject Area is now available. This subject area provides student data for transcripts, including all past, in progress, and future secondary courses. The available data includes student demographics, GPA, Current and Future Enrollment, Course History, and Groups.
- Subject Area User Guides – New Subject Area User Guides are available for each subject area in MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting. The guides are available in the job aids section on the MiSiS website (http://achieve.lausd.net/misisjobaids) and the support section on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards website (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11213).