MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards
MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards is now available to administrators and select personnel via the Admin Menu in MiSiS. This tool allows school-site administrators and select personnel to produce their own custom reports. It provides instant, real-time data and more available fields than MiSiS Explorer and SIS combined. To download user guides and learn more about the tool, go to http://achieve.lausd.net/adhoc.
In class training for MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting is available for registration in the Learning Zone (http://lz.lausd.net). MHS180 “Basic MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting” is a 6.5-hour training class that includes:
- Create and manage shareable reports
- Export and format report data
- Work with subject areas
- Perform basic calculations and formulas
- Create a basic pivot table from report output
The following items have been fixed or updated in MiSiS:
- Library Opt In field is now available on the Enrollment screen. Go to Enrollment History > Edit to enter.
- Data fixes were made for specific schools and students.
- The following updates have been made to the Attendance Referral Report:
- The report is now accurately displaying the Days Not Enrolled. This count is based on the total number of days a student is not enrolled in section(s).
- The suspension reason codes (4, SC, 4I) are also now displayed in the Attendance Details portion of the report.
- When accessing this report through the reports menu, the 14-15 school year is now available for selection.
- The Attendance At-A-Glance screen is now calculating the Attendance Summary counts accurately.
- The Attendance Not Submitted with Date Range Report now displays H (homeroom) in the Period(s) dropdown menu.
- The Student Truancy Report located under the Admin menu now includes columns for when letters 1 and 2 are mailed. Truancy dates from other schools are now displayed in bold and are underlined.
- The Elementary Classroom Attendance Totals Report now includes Dual Language Schools in the school dropdown menu.
- The Teacher Roster tile view is no longer overlapping the tiles.
- Manage Groups has a new look and feel. Refer to the Manage Groups Quick Guide on the MiSiS website for instructions on navigating the Manage Groups functionality.
- Based on your access and permissions to groups, only those groups to which you have view and edit rights will display on the landing page.
- Search by:
- Find a Group – type in a key word to find a group
- Category – select by a category
- Leader- select by a specific user
- Type – select static or dynamic
- Active/Inactive – select groups that are active (current) or inactive (ended)
- There is a RESET icon that will allow you to clear a search option and start again
- Groups are listed on the same page with columns that are sortable
- At the bottom of the page the number of groups displayed on the page can be adjusted to 5, 10, 20 items per page or an ALL option
- By clicking on a group name, you will get all the details about the group, such as Group Details, Duration and Permissions and Group Membership.
- By clicking on the edit (pencil icon), based on your permissions, you may modify the Group Details, Duration and Permissions and Group Membership.
- Clicking on the “Create” button will allow you to create a new group.
- Clicking on the “More” button will allow you to navigate to the “Transfer Students”, “End Groups” and “Delete Groups” screens.
- Groups must be ended before they may be deleted. Once ended, if there are any students in the group, all student memberships will be ended as well.
- Students may only be in one Counseling and Learning Community group.
- When creating a new group, follow the 3 steps: 1. Group Details - includes naming convention, group category, Group Type, Leader and an optional description of the group. 2: Duration and Permissions - determine if this group is set to expire based on a chosen date or it will never expire; If the group will be used for the following school year, the “Limit Group to School Year” needs to be set to “yes”, keep in mind that the next year enrollment process must be available in order to access matriculating students; determine who will have access to these groups and whether the group should be available in the student profile page. 3. Group Membership - If the group is “static” select students through the advanced search or copy and paste ID’s; if the group is “dynamic” select the appropriate criteria. Add the students and Create in order to save the group.
- Groups in Scheduling reports can be run based on user permissions.
- Additional changes to groups will be forthcoming in the next few releases.
- The ELD Level now displays the most recent CELDT Overall Level, whether it is the State CELDT or LAUSD CELDT.
- The Master Plan Roster now displays classes that were missing.
- The Secondary Schools Report Card can now be generated for all Grading Periods at once.
- Missing Elementary School students are now appearing in correct Academic Subjects in the Teachers Grades screen.
- The Honor Roll report now generates for students who were missing some Academic Subjects in the Teachers Grades screen.
- The Graduation Progress Report will now generate correctly from the Parent Portal.
- The Graduation Standards Summary Screen will now display correctly for students in the Class of 2015 and Prior.
- Users may experience performance issues and notice some data discrepancies when using MiSiS Explorer. The issue will be resolved in the next day.
- Special Education Summary Screen now has additional fields including IEP Case Manager, Current Instructional Modifications and Accommodations, and a direct link to Welligent. Users should consult Welligent, the system of record for IEP’s, for the most up to date IEP for a student.
- The IEP Case Manager Report is now available and may be generated by the IEP Case Manager.
- The Student Transfer Form Report now includes additional information for Special Education students, including Special Education Eligibility, Special Education Program, Last IEP Date, and Special Education Services.
- The Secondary Statistical Report is now checking the date range for the Attendance Category against the report run date.
- The Suspension screen now validates suspension dates against the student’s home school start and end dates.