Los Angeles Unified School District

Investing in LAUSD

can’t find something?

Foreign Transcript Evaluation

Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees* and other relevant documents prior to applying to the Los Angeles Unified School District. A detailed, course-by-course, foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet any credential requirement, even if the foreign course work has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.

Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the approved organizations listed below in order to be accepted by the Commission. These organizations are private enterprises who charge a fee for their services. Individuals seeking a foreign transcript evaluation must follow the procedures outlined by the organization providing the evaluation. In all instances, original, official documentation will be required when requesting the evaluation.


*The bachelor's degree requirement for California certification refers to the equivalent of a four-year (or more) college-level program. Individuals who obtained a credential or teaching certificate in a jurisdiction outside of the United States should also submit a photocopy of that document to the evaluating agency.



Academic & Professional International Evaluations, Inc. 
P.O. Box 5787
Los Alamitos, CA 90721-5787
(562) 594-6498
Web Site: http://www.apie.org


It is very important that you provide complete and accurate information and follow the direction in their packet.

Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute 
P.O. Box 6908
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310) 275-3530
(800) 234-1597
Fax: (310) 275-3528
Web site: www.acei1.com


Request a comprehensive report. It is very important that you provide complete and accurate information and follow the direction in their packet.

Academic & Credential Records, Evaluation & Verification Services (ACREVS) 
1776 Clear Lake Avenue
Milpitas, California 95035-7014
(866) 583-4834 Toll Free
(408) 719-0015 
Email: info@acrevs.com
Website: http://www.acrevs.com


American Education Research Corporation 
P.O. Box 996
West Covina, CA 91793-0996
(626) 339-4404
Fax: (626) 339-9081
Website: http://www.aerc-eval.com


It is very important that you provide complete and accurate information and follow the direction in their packet.

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. 
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
(414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411
E-mail: eval@ece.org
Website: http://www.ece.org


Applications available from ECE or ECE's internet homepage.

Educational Records Evaluation Service
601 University Ave., Suite 127
Sacramento, CA 95825
(866) 411-3737
(916) 921-0790
Fax: (916) 921-0793
E-mail: edu@eres.com
Website: http://www.eres.com


Please follow the instructions on ERES application and fee schedule, which are available by writing or calling ERES.

Institute for International Credentials Evaluations at California State University, Fresno 
5150 North Maple Avenue, M/S JA56
At California State University, Fresno
Fresno, CA 93740-8026
(559) 278-7622
Fax: (559) 278-7879
Email: credeval@iicecsufresno.net
Website: http://www.csufresno.edu/issp/home/index.shtml


It is very important that you provide complete and accurate information to IICE and to follow the directions in their application packet.

International Education Research Foundation, Inc. Credentials Evaluation Service 
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
(310) 258-9451
Fax: (310) 342-7086
E-Mail: info@ierf.org
Website: http://www.ierf.org


Request a Detailed Report. On an IERF’s application, Section 2, please check the following:

1. Professional Licensing/Certification. 
Field: Teaching
State: CA

World Education Services (WES)
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6239
Email: info@wes.org
Website: http://www.wes.org


WES - San Francisco Regional Office
Phone: (415) 677-9378
Fax: (415) 677-9333 
Email: sf@wes.org


When utilizing World Education Services, you must indicate on their application that the evaluation is for a California teaching credential or permit.

PURPOSE OF EVALUATION (Check appropriate boxes)

Field: Teacher Education 
State: California


Additional Information

All of the listed evaluation agencies offer rush services at an additional cost. Contact the agency for more 
information on fees and other requirements for the evaluation.

If you are seeking a credential to teach in the public schools of California, refer to the leaflets below for specific 
requirements for teachers prepared outside of the United States.

• Elementary Teaching (Multiple Subject Teaching Credential) (CL-871)
• Secondary Teaching (Single Subject Teaching Credential) (CL-870)
• Special Education Teaching (Education Specialist Instruction Teaching Credential) (CL-872)
• Day-to-Day Substitute Teaching (Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permits) (CL-505P)
• All Other Teaching – visit the Commission’s website at http://www.ctc.ca.gov