OFFICE OF PERMITS & STUDENT TRANSFERS
The LAUSD Inter-district attendance policy was updated as a result of the great strides in improving educational options for students.
LAUSD transfer options include but are not limited to:
- Small Learning Communities
- California Distinguished Schools
- Magnet Programs
- Affiliated Charter Schools
- Public School Choice Schools
- Intra District (school to school) Permits:
- Open Enrollment Transfers
- Schools for Advanced Studies
- Open Enrollment Romero (SB X5 4) 1,000 low achieving schools Apply online here November- January
The District has also made a considerable capital investment in building new schools and renovating hundreds of existing schools.
*If you live within the boundaries of LAUSD and want to request a permit to attend another school within the boundaries of the LAUSD, you do NOT need to fill out an online application. A permit application is available at all schools which needs to be signed and approved both by the school of residence and the requested school. If your permit is denied by either school an Intra-District Appeal can be filed with your local ESC.
*Students who have a valid permit to attend a specific school may continue attendance in that same school without the need to re-apply annually to the district of residence or attendance. When the student matriculates, or there is a change of school placement, a new permit is required from the district of residence.
Online Inter-District (To or From another school district)
Permit Application Period is:
February 1st - April 30th annually
- All requests are processed in the order received
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- You will receive a response by email (or mail if no email is provided); check your junk or spam email folders.
- Appeals will only be accepted if postmarked within 14 days of date on your denial letter.
- TERMS: Terms and Conditions of applying for a permit.
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Permit processing may be delayed during summer (June, July & August) due to limited staffing.
- The office of permits & student transfers will be CLOSED every Friday during the summer (June, July & August) and the week of June 30th-July 4th.
For additional information, please contact:
Coordinator, Permits & Student Transfers
PO BOX 3307
Los Angeles, CA 90051