FOREIGN STUDENT ADMISSIONS OFFICE
APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2017 WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MARCH 1ST.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO OF THE LAUSD.
The Foreign Student Admissions Office strives to enrich the educational environment of LAUSD by supporting and advancing the recruitment, admission and enrollment of eligible international students into LAUSD schools.
To ensure that all LAUSD students are enrolled, attending, engaged, and on-track to graduate.
The Foreign Student Admissions Office is responsible for the admission, processing and tracking of international secondary students on J1 and F1 VISAS on behalf of the Los Angeles Unified School District. This office obtains authorization for students to attend SEVIS approved high schools using F-1 student visas or J-1 exchange visas. The LAUSD is authorized by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to issue I-20 documents to prospective F-1 students.
Additional Information is available in the following brochures:
- FSAO ADM: Brochure: Foreign Student Admissions
- FSAO ENROLL: Brochure: Step by Step Enrollment Process
- FSAO FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- LAUSD SEVIS Certified Schools - Currently, the LAUSD has 41 SEVIS certified schools. The number of available spaces may vary by school, grade, and program. Not all SEVIS certified schools will be able to accept students at the time of request. Please contact the Foreign Student Admissions Office for more information.
International students may only attend a public secondary school (grades 9th-12th) for a maximum of twelve months. (Section 625 Public Law 104-208, effective November 30, 1996). They must also pay the full, unsubsidized per capita cost of attending the school district. Unfortunately, the LAUSD is unable to offer scholarships or tuition discounts.
The LAUSD observes all laws of the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement regarding visa students. For more information:
NOTICE: Please note that the Los Angeles Unified School District Foreign Student Admissions Office cannot provide students with legal advice or guidance on immigration related issues. We encourage all international students to enroll full-time and obtain the appropriate F-1 and J-1 student visa.
AGENCY INFORMATION: REGISTRY REQUIREMENT FOR PLACEMENT AGENCIES
International Student Placement Agencies must be currently registered with the State of California, Department of Justice prior to placing students within the LAUSD. A registry list is maintained by the Attorney General’s Registry of International Student Exchange Visitor Placement Organizations (ISEVPO) and is updated annually. For more information, please refer to the State of California website at http://oag.ca.gov/exchangestudents.
Agencies must complete an application and submit the requested documents, including proof of annual ISEVPO registration, in order to be considered as an approved organization. The LAUSD Foreign Student Admissions Office (FSAO) will only accept international students who are placed by agencies on our approved list. Students hosted by a family member or relative are not subject to the agency requirement.
The following agencies have been approved to place students within the LAUSD as of October 21, 2016.
- Academic Foundation for International Cultural Exchange (AFICE)
- AFS-USA Intercultural Programs
- American Education Partners, LLC
- American Institute for Foreign Study Foundation (AIFS Foundation)
- ASSE International, Inc.
- Bridge to U.S.
- Council on International Education Exchange, Inc. (CIEE)
- Cultural Academic Student Exchange (CASE)
- Cultural Homestay International
- Educatius, Inc.
- EF High School Exchange Year/EF Education Foundation for Foreign Study
- Greenheart International dba CCI Greenheart
- International Experience USA
- JC International Academy
- LPI Learning
- Quest International
- SLB Consulting Corporation dba Exchange Service International (ESI)
- Southern California/Nevada Rotary International Youth Exchange
- STS Foundation
- Summa Global Education dba AnB Education
- United Cultural Exchange U.S.A.
- UNO Education & Technology Group. LLC
- WEP-USA, LLC
- Wrightway Education International, Inc.
- Youth for Understanding
For additional information, please contact:
Interim Director, Pupil Services
121 North Beaudry Avenue2