- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
The common states standards are a set of expectations based on research, evidence of success, and high-achieving international models rather than opinion and tradition. They are called for by a broad base of stakeholders nationwide.
Click to view resources supporting the California State Standards: