Next Year Enrollment
- Schools may now enter Year End Flags for students who will be returning 12th graders next year. The Year-End Flag Screen will be used for Completers or Certificate of Completion students returning to school next school year, as well as students who did not complete requirements and will be returning next year to continue to work towards completion of the requirements. Refer to REF-6501.3 2016-17 Year-End Coding for All 12th Grade Students for more information. During the Next Year Enrollment processing, 2017-18 enrollments will be created for 12th grade students with Year End Flags in the same school.
- The Address Confirmation Letter is now available. This report may be sent to families to confirm a student’s address for the next year school; for example, matriculating students living in an Option Area.
- The Next Year Enrollment nightly process will now create a Next Year Enrollment for TE students in Kindergarten at the student’s resident school.
Decommissioning MiSiS Explorer
MiSiS Explorer will be retired by the end of the 2017 calendar year (December 31st, 2017). MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting provides all capabilities available in MiSiS Explorer. Current users of MiSiS Explorer are encouraged to take the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting Basic Training Class, available for registration in the Learning Zone. (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11879).
The following items have been fixed or updated in MiSiS:
- The Enrollment and Withdrawal Report may be generated for the prior three school years.
- The Foster Student Comprehensive Report (Elementary and Secondary) now includes SBAC scores and performance levels.
- Elementary School Scheduling
- The elementary rollover process has been completed for the 2017-2018 school year. All students have been rolled over into the next grade level. Schools may now create new sections and assign teachers and students for the next year. Refer to the Elementary Rollover and Scheduling Process on the MiSiS website under the job aids link - http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/5659.
- New dual language schools are available for the 2017-18 school year. Student transfers to the dual language schools may be created for scheduling of students for the next school year. Refer to the Dual Language Education Programs - Set Up Procedures for Elementary Rollover on the MiSiS website under the job aids link - http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/5659
- Secondary School Scheduling
- Course Request Screen
- Accurate special education data will reflect for students in the SPED column.
- An error no longer displays when selecting more than 20 students.
- The Individual Student Request report will also be available from the screen.
- Students with experimental course requests will no longer show large numbers of requests.
- Request Generator
- Schools that have permission to offer experimental courses will be able to publish versions containing experimental courses.
- Section types will no longer be overwritten when a new course request is added for a group of students.
- Pre-Run Validation Report – An additional issue type has been added to reflect students with requests where no section is available in Section Assignments.
- Add/Drop Report – Additional information has been added to the report to display the name of person who modified the student’s schedule and when the modification was made.
- Walk-In Scheduler – Accurate special education data will reflect for students in the SPED column.
- Groups – Users will be able to edit the end date of a group in Student Profile > Misc. > Group Participation without generating an error message.
- MiSiS Explorer – Static groups may now be created using MiSiS Explorer.
- The Elementary Classroom Attendance Totals by Date Range report now displays the student’s age, with the selected “As of Date”.
- Two new columns were added to the Secondary Schools Report Card, the ‘Grades by Class’ screen, and the ‘Grades by Student’ screen – 'Total Absences' and 'Total Tardies'. The new columns now display the count of all absences and tardies accumulated from all classes the student was enrolled in for a period (hour) within that selected term. The 'Section Absences' and 'Section Tardies' columns display the count of absences and tardies accumulated only from that teacher's class.
- As an added security measure, the ability to right-click on student photos and save it to your computer, has been disabled.
- When a Student Support Discipline Referral for firearms is submitted, the Student and Expulsion Support Unit will now receive an automatic email notification of the referral.
- The Student Referral now has a new ‘Referred By’ parameter.
- Summer School Data has been uploaded to allow schools to enroll and schedule students for the Summer Term. The Periods may display in descending order in Sections Editor. The MiSiS team is working to resolve this issue.
- Summer courses taken for enrichment at a high school, after 8th grade, will now display as 9th grade summer in the student’s Transcript detail.
- Editing the 'School Year' value or clicking on the 'Cancel' button of an existing 'Out of District' Transcript record, using the Chrome browser, will no longer return an error message.
MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards
- Decommissioning Ad Hoc Reporting Team Folder on 5/2/17 – The Ad Hoc Reporting Team folder in Shared Folders in the Catalog will be decommissioned on April 11, 2017. Owners of any reports in the folder must save copies of the reports they wish to keep before everything is deleted on May 2. For directions on how to do this, see the Copying and Pasting an Object in the Catalog Job Aid on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833). An email communication will be sent out directly to owners.
- Publisher Class Available Soon – Users who wish to share reports with other users in the Shared Folders now have the option to do so once completing the web-based Publisher Training Class. Go to the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11879) for more information.
- Marks Report Template – A new report template displaying students’ courses and marks is available in the Catalog and can be found by navigating to the Catalog > Shared Folders > Library > Student Courses Marks-Template. To use the template, select the school(s) from the School Name prompt and click OK.
- Search for Multiple District IDs Job Aid – A new job aid is available describing how to copy and paste a list of District IDs into a filter. When creating a filter, the list of selected values must be formatted correctly. The job aid can be found on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- Census Day Flag Column – A new column has been added to the Current Enrollment folder. This column identifies a student who was included in the count on Census Day. The column can be found in all subject areas (except Student No Show and Student Withdrawal Data) by navigating to Enrollment > Current Enrollment > Census Day Flag. The Subject Area Guides have been updated and can be found on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- EL Comments and Modified By Columns – Language Classification Record Comment, Language Classification Record Created By, Language Classification Record Language Created Date, Classification Record Modified By, and Language Classification Record Modified Date columns have been added to the Language Classification folder, which is found in multiple subject areas: Academic Records, Course Enrollment, English Learner, Marks – Elementary, Marks – Secondary, Marks – Work Effort, and Student Detail. All five columns can be found by navigating to Student > Language Classification. The Subject Area Guides have been updated and can be found on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- GPA Added to Course Enrollment Subject Area – The GPA folder has been added to the Course Enrollment Subject Area. Authors can now include any of the GPAs tracked in MiSiS in Course Enrollment reports. Examples include Athletic Eligibility GPA, LAUSD Official GPA, LAUSD Middle School GPA, etc. The Subject Area Guide has been updated and can be found on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- Student Addresses Added to Course Enrollment Subject Area – The Address subfolder has been added to the Course Enrollment Subject Area and can be found by navigating to the Student folder > Address. The Subject Area Guide has been updated and can be found on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- SARB Columns Added to Attendance Daily Subject Area – New SARB columns have been added to the Attendance Daily Subject Area. These columns include SARB #, SARB Chair, Contact Number, Referring School, Student Status, and SARB Date. The Subject Area Guide has been updated and can be found on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- Section Capacity Column Added to Section Details folder – The Section Capacity column, identifying the number of students allowed in the section, has been added to the Section Details folder. This folder can be found in multiple subject areas: Academic records, Attendance Student Section, Course Enrollment, English Learner, Marks – Elementary, Marks – Secondary, and Marks – Work Effort. The Subject Area Guides have been updated and can be found on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- Enrollment History Subject Area Is No Longer Available – The Enrollment History Subject Area is no longer available in Ad Hoc Reporting. For Norm Day Enrollment data, users can refer to the Norm Day Enrollment Dashboard.